Hey, remember that post, ages ago, where I said that some major changes are coming our way? How’s this for starters?
The MMO track is moving to the Hilton this year!
We’re going to be in Grand Salon E this year, which is basically right across the lobby from the Walk-of-Fame on the 2nd floor of the Hilton. (The same level as the walkway to the Marriott) Now some of our bigger events (The Party, The Guild panels, etc) will still be in the Sheraton, (hey, they do have the big ballrooms, ya know) but we won’t have competing events forcing you to be in two places at once.
We have an unofficial schedule done and while I can’t give you specifics, I can give you a couple of sneak peeks.
- R.A. Salvatore will be on-hand to talk about Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and the upcoming MMO (code named “Copernicus)
- We’re working with Guild Launch to host the first annual “DragonSlayer” awards for great, and not-so-great, moments in MMO gaming.
- We have a panel scheduled for “The Guild”, but I can’t tell you who’s going to be there yet. =)
- In addition to our “Quest for the Bling Gnome” trivia contest, we will have an additional “World of Warcraft Trivia” contest immediately following the WoW Costume Contest.
- Our “Gathering of Heroes” party will be combined with Brit Track’s “Villain’s Ball” to form what we hope will be the best combination since Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
Grim has put together what will be, without a doubt, the best costume he has ever worn at Dragon*Con. More to come.
PS. I would have posted this yesterday, but considering the date… This is no April Fool’s Joke.