Have you ever wanted to help out behind the scenes at Dragon*Con?
Guess who’s looking for a few good souls… (No, you don’t have to sell yours. It’s a figure of speech)
We have a few openings on staff for DC*MMO this year. No, we have killed/eaten/maimed any of our old staff, we simply need more people to do all of the things which need to be done. All we ask is 25-30 hours of work from Thursday-Monday of Dragon*Con as well as some pre-convention work involving mostly creative and artistic jobs like designing signs and flyers. If you have any or all of the following skills/attributes, we could definitely use you.
- A good sense of teamwork.
- Willingness to work late-night shifts (nobody gets all of the late-night shifts, but that means everybody gets at least one)
- An absolute refusal to bitch about missing an event on some other track because you are scheduled to work. (We do allow shift trading.)
- Communications skills
- A working cell phone
- Experience with at least one MMORPG. (Mainstream titles, I don’t need someone who plays nothing but obscure Asian Grinders.)
- Having (and using) an IM account.
- Creative writing skills/Blogging experience
- A sense of humor
- A digital camera (yes, taking pictures is part of the gig)
What’s in it for you?
- A badge with no standing in line required.
- A chance to meet/work with some of the movers and shakers in the MMO business.
- A chance to work with a great bunch of folks who also play MMO games.
- An occasional beta key or invite.
- Free coffee (no, I’m not joking… we have a barista on staff.)
We only request that no “First Time @ Dragon*Con” folks apply for this gig. You really don’t want to spend your first Dragon*Con working. We’ve seen what happens. It’s not pretty.
If you are still interested after reading all of this, drop me a line at the DC*MMO website or at mmorpgs (AT) dragoncon (DOT) org