This week we start to settle back into a somewhat normal snarky schedule, covering both Dragon*Con MMO goodness and things going on in the MMO world. We also managed to catch a bit of news before everyone headed to AGDC this week (Austin Game Developer’s Conference) to discuss the state of the industry. Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph.
It also looks like the new engineering is working nicely in terms of flipping these casts over faster. We’re going to aim for once a week, but we’d love to hear from you in regards to show times. Would you prefer SnarkCast be around 30 minutes, or is the current hour-long chunk good for you? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
Note: If the above audio is choppy for you, please consider downloading it to your local machine before listening. We’ve made the file significantly smaller than before, so it should come down pretty quickly.
As always, full show notes are after the break!
Here’s what we’re talkin’ ’bout this week, Willis.
- D*C stuffs, as always!
- Is MAG an MMO?
- Blogger sued by Evony for Defamation/Libel
Get the FULL details after you’ve caught up at: http://www.bruceongames.com/
- EVE Online council member steps down for insider trading
- DDO goes F2P
- Fallen Earth goes into pre-launch early start release
- Beatles Rock Band just came out
Music comes from the remix artists over at OverClocked Remix, with the exception of the brief snip of organ “hold” music.
The specific songs used are:
- Ghetto Lee Lewis – Ultima Online “Create your Fantasy” remix
- djpretzel, Vigilante – Short Skirts (Tifa’s Theme), Disc 2 “Dirge”, Voices of the Lifestream FFVII remix project
- Wurlitzer organ music blurb “Nola” from VirtualOrgan.com. (Get your minds out of the gutter, people.)
Comments, hate-mail, proposals, or offers for lewd and lascivious housecleaning can be sent to podcast [at] dc [dash] mmo [dot] org. That is, if you’re into that kind of thing.
As always, thanks for listening. Enjoy!